Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mingling with Royalty

When you are young you wonder , you dream, ask questions, lots of questions. REED DANCE and all that, how it happens and who does it and why? but this is not about that its about how i ended up mingling with the Royal Family.
A friend of mine, Dungy use to live with one of the Queens when she was young and she introduced me to The Queen (La Ngangaza). And told her I design clothes and vie been featured on TRUE LOVE Magezine. Oh wow! she was impressed. We first met at her mom's place and she gave me her own fabric and drew a sketch for me to sew. The feeling deep inside me was indescribable. It was the Batik kind of material which she bought on one of the trips with the KING.
I did several outfits for her and her girls-

REGRETS- I had no camera on those days to capture the designs and her wearing them, but I still have the hope will meet again and she will wear some for me to take photos oh just an Autograph.

Then I met a lady called Gabi who also introduced me to another Queen ( La Ntenteza). For the same reason that i design clothes and we first met on her visit to Johannesburg at her brother in-law's house in Sandton Prince ------- she also went through my file and puked a few designs and I made outfits for her. One of them she wore on her first trip with the KING to China if I'm not mistaken, coz I remember my friend calling me to tell me that she saw her wearing my design.Though I was still a young and upcoming designer, I was grateful they wore my staff and loved it. Thank God for that opportunity! We became close those years till we lost contact. She also invited me for her 21st Birthday. and hooked me up with an invitation to the KING'S BIRTHDAY. If I was a socialite I would have been popular by now, Right? This was my second attendance to the KING'S Birthday.

The third one was Queen La Nkhambule, who I was introduced by Kulile my cousin. She will cook and invite us for a meal and Kulile will do likewise. She is also cool, she lets me take photos of her and her kids. And i still owe her a Family Photo shoot, since I am now a Photographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment