Monday, October 10, 2011

Fashionista!

This is how I would have described myself when I first came here, before the housewife kicked in. It’s a pretty acceptable life of Home management but, like all kinds of jobs it comes with a package.
I have done this before in my own country and can’t confirm it worked as I recall. Here I am today looking back to when I came to East Africa. I prepared myself for this Home management job with fantasy in my head.” Im gonna get there and start my own Wedding consulting company. “ Sounds like a cool Idea, said my husband.after all, im so used to the working from home business.
Got here, looked around, attended weddings and parties. Being spoiled by Internet back from where I was, I pretty much associated the two countries like they are the same. ‘ THIS IS AFRICA’ as other people will describe it. No gal, it doesn’t work like that. Here you source the suppliers by yourself. The sitting down in your living room and browse for wedding suppliers, isn’t working here. I guess in the near future.
So, what next?
I can design and stitch as they call it here, like “ you can stitch?” Yes , I stitch. So there I was buying sewing machines since I left mine at home. Have you heard of River Road? I don’t think you’d be comfortable to go there especially if you are a foreigner. There I was trying to get a portable domestic machine. Did I get what I had in mind, NO. but I did get something that comes with a stand. Where do I fit this in my house? Luckily, the house comes with an SQ. so am safe to keep this machine there.
To cut this short for now, which I will continue telling you at some point. I started sewing, went back home to get Material, and why go all the way back home, when material is available here? I wanted to bring up something different and add a bit of western in it. Anyway!
There is a lady who once came in the house on my first visit. She said Welcome in the “Widows of Microsoft” yes I didn’t misspell, ‘WIDOWS’ why widows, you may ask. I will tell you some other time…keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment