Monday, April 22, 2013

Imagine you...

Imagine you...
- woke up hungry like I did today?
- had Un expected girl -friends who decided to pay you a visit?
- your mother I law who was passing by, just to check on her grand kids ?

As for me, I had no intentions of making breakfast today and no intenstions of dressing up to go and eat in a restaurant . Mhhh! What is Internet for if I can't get food online, especially breakfast. I never thought of that. Do you think there is here in Nairobi ? silly me...I'm sure there is. As I finish my conversation with myself I took my iPad and started searching.
Hello  ! There is!  www.hellofood.co.ke


Oh ! by the way they have a free application for iPad and you can follow them on Twitter.
All I needed was to register and start ordering what I wanted. And I didn't want the Kama kawaida as they say it here. I wanted to do it my way. Where I will peak and mix like I would scrape my fridge. So , this is what I ordered


- scrambled egg with a slice of bread
-fish fingers
-and green salad
This was just perfect for me. And click / confirm order.
Two seconds later , someone calls from a hello foods to confirm the order, yes it's mine! (I'm impressed). Wouldn't you? This is Africa ! They told me how long it was gonna take, about an hour as the restaurant was not open at the time I called.
Here comes the motorbike with my breakfast, and still warm.
Now let me do my critics lol,
Yes it was warm and I was exited to have my breakfast at home ,but, my egg soaked the bread, yak! Since I was a kid, I never liked a soaked bread. I wish they could be another way of serving it without the egg being put on top of the bread and covered with foil. ( separate the two) please.

No comments:

Post a Comment